Planning/Scheduling Engineers (closed)
Our client is a global professional services provider that supports organizations that invest in, own and operate assets.
As a result of the strategic plan and continued growth of the organization in Canada, our client is currently seeking a highly skilled and qualified Cost Engineer with strong oil & gas industry experience to complement their team of professionals providing their client with world leading services.
As a result of the strategic plan and continued growth of the organization in Canada, our client is currently seeking a highly skilled and qualified Planning Scheduling Engineers with strong oil & gas industry experience to complement their team of professionals
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and client plan dates that align with the overall project schedule. Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractor reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate I benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lesions learned, project data compilation) and completion of work.
Experience and qualifications
- Canadian Status Required
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience in planning positions.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera (P6)
A comprehensive salary and benefits package reflecting the seniority and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you feel this challenging role is the next step in your career, please send us an e-mail with a copy of your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be assured that all conversations and information provided with be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
We look forward to hearing from you.