Coordinator Volunteer Relations (closed)
Title: Coordinator, Volunteer Relations
Reports to: Manager, Volunteer Relations
The Coordinator of Volunteer Relations, reporting to the Manager, Volunteer Relations, works collaboratively with POA staff and volunteers in order to enhance and expand the Volunteers Committee programs. This position is vital to providing staff support for the Volunteer Committees and requires excellent interpersonal, organizational and technical skills.
This position will assist the Manager in planning and implementing Volunteer events along with the Volunteer Committees, including (but not limited to) the Opening Night Gala, the Golf Classic, and the Spring Events. This position will also provide administrative support for the Volunteer Relations department, will coordinate and process auction items and activity for events and will take (and distribute) notes for the Executive and Governing Board Meetings. The Coordinator will be responsible for working with Communications to provide information to post on social networks, and will be an integral part of the interaction with the Young Volunteers.
The Coordinator, Volunteer Relations will be well versed in the goals of the POA as reflected in the Strategic Plan, and will work collaboratively with all staff to be a strong partner in the implementation of said goals. The ability to multi-task and think creatively are also important requirements for this position.
- Manage administrative duties, such as correspondence, notebooks, electronic files, and mailings for all Volunteer events, including tracking responses and managing registration for Volunteer Meetings and events
- Attend, and assist as needed, all volunteer events
- Manage and update event and volunteer data as appropriate
- Plan invitation parties for Gala and Spring events
- Take notes/minutes at Volunteer Governing Board and Executive Board Meetings, and distribute notes to members
- Along with Manager, act as contact person for Volunteers
- Maintain communications with the presidents of all eight volunteer committees, updating contact lists as needed
- Process check requests and event invoices
- Plan event related meetings, update co-chairs when needed
- Work with Development Services team to process donations/payments/sponsorships
- Manage silent auctions at all appropriate events
- Manage event budget sheets, entering revenue and disbursements and updating co-chairs each week
- Liaise with marketing/PR regarding social media, supplying them with info they can post and tweet
- Assist Manager of Volunteer Relations with event production
- Work with individual volunteer groups to aid them in management of their individual events
- Process credit card payments from individual volunteer events
- Send VIP acknowledgements (where appropriate) in addition to standard Development Services acknowledgements – send to VP of Development or CEO for signature as appropriate
- Coordinate musician performances at Volunteer events
- Other duties as assigned
College degree preferred with two years of fundraising and events experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software a plus.
- Must possess strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills; Strong Excel experience required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Experience with database management and proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong understanding of financial processes.
- Ability to handle confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Routine for office environment. The employee will be required to attend meetings/events during evening and weekend hours.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
or mail to:
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
Attn: Human Resources
260 South Broad Street, 16th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102