MS Dynamics AX Developer (closed)
Since 2001, Hansell Tierney has helped Northwest companies of every stripe—from startups to established, and in every industry, with contract and full-time recruiting and placement of technology/IT professionals. The Northwest is where our roots are and where we choose to do business. We place equal value on our clients and the IT professionals we place. We have a solid track record of successful placements in industries as diverse as education, manufacturing, financial services, and non-profits.
We are currently helping our client with a Contract to Hire search for a Sr. Level MS Dynamics AX Developer.
Location: Kirkland, WA (Carillon Point area
Full time/Contract?: Contract to Hire
Job title: Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer
Microsoft Dynamics AX, MorphX, SSRS
The MS Dynamics AX Developer will design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. Will oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Production support, project and regular maintenance activities for all Microsoft Dynamics AX systems.
• Collaborate with Systems Development Manager and internal clients in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications as they pertain to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Develop SQL Reporting Services Reports.
• Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
• Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
• Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
• Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
• Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
• Train key users on new or modified features.
• Install software products for end users as required.
• Liaise with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt recertification of any problems or emergencies.
• Liaise with network administrator, programmer, and other IT staff to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
• Perform code review with other developers.
• Maintain build notes and configuration notes along with periodic builds.
• Write Unit Tests within AX unit test framework.
• Maintain integrity of version control system.
• Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Client Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Achievement Focus – You volunteer readily, you undertake self-development activities, you seek increased responsibilities, you take independent actions and calculated risks, you look for and take advantage of opportunities, and you ask for help when needed.
• Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data and uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Job Knowledge – You are competent in required job skills and knowledge, you exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills, you keep abreast of current developments, you require minimal supervision, you display an understanding of how your job relates to others, and you use resources effectively.
• Problem Solving – You identify problems in a timely manner, you gather and analyze information skillfully, you develop alternative solutions, you resolve problems in early stages, and you work well in group problem solving situations.
Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
7 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Status: Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Experience building and maintaining AX development from different environments. I.e. perform development in a test environment, work with users to test, and then move into production.
Troubleshoot standard and customized AX objects.
Strong knowledge of AX Development Best Practices.
Experience with development across all aspects of AX including the MorphX environment, debugger, enterprise portal development within AOT and Visual Studio, SSRS integrated reports, workflow, .net business connector, and aif.
Technical skills required: AX, X++, SQL Server, MS Office, SRS, and SharePoint
Strong customer service background and technical writing skills.
Sound knowledge and experience in good software engineering practices.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in writing design documents and feasibility analysis.
Highly-motivated individual with commitment to excellence who is able to learn quickly and execute independently
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
Ability to travel as required.
Ability to be on call 24/7 as necessary to handle system problems.
Ability to work overtime as required.