Accessory Engineer (closed)
Accessory Engineer / Program Manager
- A role of the Accessory Development Team is to develop MNAO local sourced accessories for all Client vehicles sold in the United States.
- The accessories include Interior/Exterior and Electrical accessories.
- This position should be responsible to achieve targets such as timing, quality and cost for all local sourced accessories.
- In order to do that, the engineer needs to provide engineering leadership on accessory to not only suppliers but also MNAO internal accessory related departments (Marketing, Purchasing, SQA, Port Operations, etc).
- This position also requires problem solving skills for concern resolution during development stage and quality improvement after introduction to the market.
1) Create a Development Schedule and Specification Drawings (Cost Estimation Drawing) after the kick off document of each item is released from Accessory Marketing Team
2) Develop new accessory item with suppliers and other internal departments in MNAO; Make 3D Data, Detail Drawing, DFMEA, DVP and Vehicle Evaluation Plan
3) Hold a Design Review Meeting and explain engineering output to MNAO internal departments and obtain agreement for kick off tool or kick off prototype
4) Perform testing of the accessories on the vehicle at MNAO and evaluate component test results of 1st shot or prototype accessories which was performed by the supplier
5) Create final drawings and release them for final completion of the development
6) Prepare Quality Meeting Document and explain development completion of engineering area in the meeting
7) Study countermeasure idea and countermeasure schedule in case the test result is failed during development or a dealer/port/field concern is raised.
8) Manage timing of each Hold Point (Engineering responsible only) in order to meet each timeline target (Final target is to meet job1 timing)
9) Communicate with Japan to obtain information of the vehicle and to request vehicle testing such as vehicle durability test.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years experience
- CAD Operation (Preferred Pro-Engineering)
- Engineering Drawing Standard Certificate
- Experience of Design and/or Testing for Automotive Interior, Exterior and Electrical Parts
- Knowledge of typical Automotive Engineering Standards (SAE, ASTM, etc)
- Problem solving skills (Root Cause Analysis, FTA, 8D, etc)
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams