Quality Assurance Manager (closed)
Start/End Dates: 7/23/2012 - 10/31/2012
Work Location: Chicago, IL (Banking Institution)
Job Title: Quality Assurance - Functional Testing Quality Assurance Manager - Senior
Job Description: Test (QA) Manager - Payformance and Open Access
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated End Date: October, 2012
Currently bank is running version 3.14 of the Payformance application that was released by SunGard in 2010. The purpose of this project is to install the most recent version available of the Payformance Software to maximize the efficiency of the application and to ensure that it is properly supported by the vendor at all times.
Freddie Mac has announced enhancements to the Relief Refinance - Open Access program, which improves the ability for the bank to refinance Freddie Mac owned loans that are serviced by other lenders and extends the program offering to December 2013. A new program must be built in Empower to accommodate all new applications taken on or after the implementation date.
We are looking for a QA professional who is responsible for providing leadership of the QA and testing of the project. This individual will work with technology leadership from bank to plan testing for the project with a focus on partnering with the SIT Test Manager, and leading the UAT Testing effort.
Individual must be an experienced and knowledgeable QA manager with who can work effectively with both banking technology teams, along with vendors and management.
• Responsible for the development of the following Project Level Test Deliverables:
• Test Level Assessment
• Testing Management Services Estimates
• Test Strategy
• Test Plan
• Test Calendar (this includes project logistics such as the number of cycles to run, on what dates, etc.)
• Testing timeline assessment and analysis
• Development of the overall Testing Calendar (in particular the scheduling of UAT cycles)
• Coordinate the layout of the UAT cycles to maximize testing participation
• Coordinate End-to-End testing
• Identify environment needs for End-to-End and any other UAT testing
• Identify test data needs for End-to-End and any other UAT testing
• Verify adequate testing documentation is being developed, updated and retained in keeping with the ISO requirements for functional testing process followed by the bank
• Facilitate communication between all technical and business areas impacted by the overall testing effort.
• Ensure UAT testing for all applications, environment readiness, and resources
• Conduct scheduled UAT testing kick off meeting
• Define the escalation process to be used during planning and testing
• Escalation of test issues and risks and ensure resolution
• Negotiation between multiple development teams on issue management
• Negotiation between multiple Business Analyst teams on development of Requirement Traceability Matrix
• Track progress of UAT
• Manage the overall UAT effort
• Act as point of contact for all Line of Business (LOB) UAT teams
• Run daily UAT incident meetings and provide daily UAT incident reports to all participating LOB testers and development vendors
• Support LOB in accurately reporting incidents via the daily UAT Incident meetings
• Communicate UAT cycle and calendar status to technical and testing resources
• Communicate and report status of UAT status meetings to PM
• Enter updates into defect tracking tool
• Escalate testing defect, problems, and issues to PM and Lead TM
• Participate in SIT Exit, UAT Entry and UAT Exit Approval Gateway Meetings
• Provide review and input to the TM for project UAT testing metrics reporting
TESTING SUPPORT (TEMPLATES/TOOLS/TECHNIQUES)
• Monitor UAT cycle and calendar status
• Ensure the creation of User test plans and test scripts – provide hands-on assistance with tasks as needed
• Creation of UAT test plans from User input.
• Review User test plans and scripts relative to requirements
• Ensure traceability by ensuring UAT test scripts/results are entered by LOBs in the Traceability matrix – provide hands-on assistance with tasks as needed
• Assist LOB teams with test execution/validation as needed
• Support LOBs in accurately recording UAT incidents in the Incident Management tool – provide hands-on assistance with tasks as needed
• Coordinate UAT testing with 3rd party vendors, FIS supported applications, and banks supported applications
• Coordinate UAT status meetings
• Participate in the development of post UAT defect remediation action plans
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Possesses at least 3-5 years of banking industry experience. Experience in Lending processes and functions preferred.
• Management skills in order to oversee the overall testing effort
• Knowledge or experience in the retail lending process
• Knowledge or experience in migrations from one system to another
• Possesses at least 5 years of UAT Testing experience
• Knowledge or experience in Quality Center
• Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science and/or minimum 5 years systems experience as a functional testing professional.
• Possesses a solid understanding of SDLC and Quality Assurance concepts, metrics analysis, methodologies, and documentation standards.
• CSTE or CSQA Certification would be a great benefit.
• Is extremely organized and can coordinate necessary tasks to complete testing
• Can work closely with business partners to achieve User Acceptance on products
• Can work independently and handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving.
• Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal.