Senior Linux Administrator / Architect - Savannah, GA
Title: Senior Linux Administrator / Architect
Location: Savannah, GA
Should have around 10+ year of UNIX / Linux (SUSE and RedHat) experience with some exposure to VERITAS (Volume Manager/File System), Veritas Cluster Server, EMC SAN, NAS , PowerPath (MPIO), HP ILO knowledge, Oracle DB 10g, SAP ECC applications.
Description & Responsibilities
· Hands-On experience in Suse Linux
· Knowledge of HP hardware and software. Ability to install Linux OS and updating all the firmware needed to bring the server up to spec.
· Installation/Upgrade & Configuration of Servers – Network Configuration, Firmware Install, OS Install, Filesystem Configuration.
· Knowledge and experience in writing scripts, carrying out testing, and changing system configurations.
· Patch implementation & maintenance, Licensing, Boot Prom Management and Performance Management
· Service Management – NIS/NIS+/DNS/NFS/Samba/Send Mail, Capacity Planning
· Security Administration – Add/remove/Troubleshoot Security Policies
· Experience in monitoring the performance of the server based hardware and software. Ability to generate reports and troubleshoot system performance.
· Recognize and interpret all application software error messages displayed on console, as well as system problems, degradation in system or network performance, and execution bottlenecks.
· Take corrective action on most complex problems, including use of third-party support software, and inform supervisor, management or customer as appropriate
· Should have good experience with Veritas (Volume Manager/File System) and Veritas Clustering.
· Configure, implement, and maintain system file systems, Advanced File Systems, Logical Storage Manager, and Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Veritas Clustering and other products within the VCS suite.
· Familiarity of EMC SAN and NAS configuration and usage, to include installation and configuration of Host Bus Adapters HBAs, collection of world wide name WWN information, configuring powerpath on SUSE linux etc.
· Experience supporting and troubleshooting database infrastructure (eg Oracle RAC, TIBCO) and SAP Applications (eg:SAP IPC, SAP CRM, SAP ECC) .
· ITIL foundation training (understanding of change, incident, and configuration management)
· Work with [Client] stake holders to mutually agree which process should be modified / tailored to create a new “best of breed” set of delivery practices for the Engagement.
· Create and follow through on change control for any modifications to the agency’s software or hardware infrastructure.
· Device Management – Installing & Configuring devices.
· Tool Management - Should be responsible for monitoring & installing agents from OS side
· Syslog & Log management.
· Documentation – Systems/tool/Service management documents update.
Send response to firstname.lastname@example.org