Carbonate Geologist (closed)
Role Overview: Senior Carbonate Specialist
At least 10 years experience in E&P business or related jobs
Indicative Day Rate: Attractive Market Rates
The candidate will be involved in planning of operations during exploration and development of carbonate reservoirs. The position requires experience in a broad range of methods to characterize carbonate reservoirs during the exploration, appraisal and production phase and in the frame of reservoir characterization studies covering aspects from pore-space modeling and high resolution stratigraphy to regional scale. With intimate knowledge of worldwide carbonate reservoirs the specialist can support our exploration units in defining new opportunities. Projects will be carried out in integrated teams in close cooperation with the reservoir engineers and petrophysicists. The carbonate geologist will be involved in improving and/or initiate corporate best practice approaches. The geologist will be able to seek new innovative concepts and methods in the carbonate geology and operational geology domain. As part of E&P technology team the candidate will initiate new technology projects and will be part of the company?s reservoir characterization skill pool.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Support operational and business units in the carbonate geology domain
· Application of advanced methods of carbonate reservoir characterization
· Defining operational specs for carbonate reservoir exploration and development studies including core analysis and studies
· Support corporate exploration and development strategies in regions with carbonate reservoirs
· Participate in improving and/or initiating corporate best practice approaches in carbonate geology and reservoir characterization
· Support and initiate collaboration with partners to develop and apply new technologies
· Opportunities exist to work abroad within the Group in different environments and countries.
· Diploma, MSc or PhD with proven record in carbonate geology
Expert in one or more and highly competent in the following skill areas:
· Selection and application of operational methods in the characterization of carbonate reservoirs
· Carbonate petrophysics and core analysis
· Carbonate facies analysis and rock typing
· High Resolution reservoir stratigraphy
· Modeling of carbonate reservoirs
· Capable of multitasking, able to work under time pressure and stress.
· Carbonate petrography and petrophysics
· Good basic knowledge of rocktyping methods
· Carbonate facies analysis and reservoir modeling techniques
· Good basic knowledge in log interpretation and core analysis methods
· Advanced operational methods in carbonate reservoir
· Knowledge in one or more of the modeling tools (Gocad, Petrel, RMS)
· Leadership: Able to effectively lead a smaller workgroup of professionals across disciplinary boundaries
· Cross-disciplinary teams: Able to effectively work in multi-disciplinary teams as a key contributor
· Innovation: Seek new technologies for carbonate reservoir characterization
· HSE responsibility: Takes responsibility for HSE issues associated within his/her working area
· Prepared to work abroad and preferably mobile to work in different environments and countries
· Fluent English, spoken and written
· Experience in E&P business or related jobs (>10 years).
· You should enjoy working in an open and flexible environment where your input will rapidly impact decision making at all levels. We are looking forward to your application.
Please register and apply online for this role or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deep Water Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency for this Role.