Desktop and Server Engineer : Houston, TX : 6-9 Months
Title: Desktop and Server Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6-9 Months
- Client Drilling, Completions & Wells will undertake to provide support for our client's Real-time drilling operations centre. A single systems engineer is required, to undertake 2nd line support for Real-time drilling data systems in the North East Houston area.
- This second line engineer would be expected to carry out installation, upgrade, configuration, troubleshooting, and deployment of applications on Microsoft Windows Servers.
- In addition to the support of technical solutions, the engineer will be expected to work closely with other client support teams to provide effective management of issues and incidents related but not limited to:
- Network Connectivity
- Server and Application Performance
- Oracle and SQL Databases
- Routine Maintenance
- As well as create point of contact fixes, the engineer will be expected to create high quality detailed technical "how to" and "fix" documentation that will feed back into the clients knowledge base in order to maximize their efficiency with problem resolutions.
- The successful candidate must be self-starting; demonstrating initiative, diligence and effective time management. The Real-time operations environment is a dynamic, busy, and exciting environment to work in.
- Candidates must be able to priorities call load, create effective relationships with other teams and tackle jobs and incidents with minimal supervision.
- The engineer would be expected to work a shift pattern (between 07:00 AM to 18:00 PM) and join the on-call rota system.
- This role may suit an experienced Desktop and Server Engineer or someone coming from a well services background with demonstrable IT skills.
- Previous experience of Real-time drilling systems and software such as SiteCom, Insite, and Riglink would be advantageous.
Look forward to hear from you at the earliest.
Thanks and Regards,
National Systems Consulting
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org