Workway is a premier national staffing firm that places qualified job-seeking candidates across the nation in direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions across a variety of specialized fields. We pride ourselves in offering a candidate-centric model to assist job seekers in finding their next career opportunity.
A Los Angeles Mortgage Banker is looking for a DE Underwriter. The candidate will need to be able to analyze tax returns, have an Understanding of FNMA and FHLMC Guidelines, knowledge of specific investor overlays and the versatility to underwrite to multiple investors, consistently engaged in monitoring changes to investor and industry guidelines, organizational skills to deal with a high volume environment and still maintain focus on loan quality and identifying fraud factors, and ability to underwrite FHA, VA, USDA.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Loan application
- Credit profile/report(s)
- Debt and assets
- Income/financial statements
- Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
- Appraisal reports
- Collateral and Supporting documentation
- Revisits loans to review and clear conditions
- Approves, counters or denies loan file
- Escalates fraud files to underwriting leadership team
- 5+ years of underwriting experience.
- Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID and be currently underwriting.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of conventional, government and portfolio lending guidelines.
- Must have knowledge of the complete mortgage lending process.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience of financial analysis/credit analysis techniques.
- Must have experience working with multiple investors
- Ability to analyze policies, procedures and guidelines in a way that maximizes productivity but protects the level of risk desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Shanel Avritt at (760) 438-0900 or for immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to (760) 438-0910.