Associate Merchandise Planner (closed)
Our global retail client is looking for a Merchandise Planner. This role is responsible for managing multiple divisions to drive and achieve sales, profit and inventory targets to help maximize the profit potential for retail stores. By analyzing inventory risks and opportunities, and implementing inventory allocation strategies, the associate merchandiser will create strategies and sales plans to increases profit margins. Candidates will be responsible for the allocation of 5 stores by end of year (keep in mind there are 1100 stores worldwide). Candidates must also understand the e-commerce piece of the industry as well. There is a current team of about 7 people this role would be working with.
Keep in mind that they want to fill this role ASAP and will do approximately 2 rounds of interviews over the next 2 weeks.
Please send all qualified resumes in Word + Salary requirements to JGitlin@choiceco.com
* Project weekly store inventory and plan daily allocation to each store.
* Maintain all targets (store inventory budget, seasonal target, and top 60 ratio)
* Analyze weekly sales and create action plan with merchandise manager to increase sales
* Ensure store has all color and sizes available; adjust color and size balance in stores based on sales and facing
* Plan stores minimum and maximum stock target by item
* Project end of season inventory by item and plan carryover items
* Plan and suggest weekly markdowns and promotions by item to increase sales or move through inventory
* Suggest buys for seasonal official plan
* Project monthly sales and inventory levels by item to achieve budget and coordinate with store layout
* Plan store layout with visual team and merchandising managers that coordinate with sales and inventory budget
* Partner with store managers on allocation needs by store
* Assist Assistant Merchandise Planner with daily allocation to complete task on time
* Assist with other projects as assigned from Managers
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Proficiency in Excel required
* 5 – 7 years experience in retail, buying, and allocation and/or planning
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs