Sr. BI Architect (closed)
Position: Senior BI Architect
The successful candidate will have responsibility for high level systems architecture design and implementation in a highly available mission critical application environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Present comprehensive solution assessments for enterprise level implementations (with the ability to engage & motivate team members and peers to gain additional insights) – e.g. hardware, sizing, staffing, timeline, version compatibility, external dependencies, security, system performance.
· Attend review board meetings to provide inputs and approvals or critique solution proposals with intention to avoid costly design issues, highlight gaps or suggest better alternatives.
· Research upgraded & new solutions for utilization in future company performance improvement.
· Defines, designs, and oversees the technical architecture for both current and future infrastructure and business applications.
· Solve complex application issues by looking at the existing system environment holistically to determine where root cause lies.
· Evaluates new and emerging technologies to find faster, cost effective and more reliable solutions for existing and proposed systems.
· Partners with infrastructure, application and quality teams to ensure that systems meet business requirements, are well documented, and have processes in place for ongoing support and maintenance.
· Scopes and implements appropriate process improvement tools and techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean Sigma and ITIL.
· Drives standard and efficient infrastructure design by aligning the infrastructure roadmap with the application technology strategy, hardware vendor roadmaps, and service capabilities.
Nature and Scope
· Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
· Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
· May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
· Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
· Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
· SAP knowledge of interface structures for master data & transaction loading
· Experience with SAP BW 7.x landscape and building using DSO, BEx queries, infocubes and multi-providers
· Knowledge and experience of BOBJ 4.0 suite designing reports, complex Universes in various environments, navigation and drill down with WebI, Crystal Report, Xcelsius, Analysis Office, Analysis OLAP and Explorer
· Strong Experience with one or more SAP modules such as Sales, Billing, CO/PA, Inventory, Marketing
· Minimum of 4 full lifecycle BOBJ BI implementations
· 3+ years of experience with BusinessObjects
· 8+ years experience working in Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence.
· Excellent time-management skills and the ability to deliver quality results with an aggressive timeline
· Effective coaching and knowledge transfer skills
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· The ability to thrive in a team environment
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your most recent resume in Word format to Roderick.Meadows@hdsupply.com, along with the best day and time that you can be reached for a preliminary phone interview.