Sr. Director Wireless Systems Sales (closed)
Responsible for New Account development of Wireless Systems sales focused initially on a Tier 1 carrier and located in Bellevue, WA. Identify carrier needs and develop sales programs that match client needs and Company capabilities, revenue, and profitability requirements. Develop business plans based upon operational requirements, local market needs, and logistics. Develop and manage sales support programs and secure purchase orders. Interface with clients and manage the sales and negotiations with clients at all levels to develop and direct sales. Ensure customer satisfaction through personal customer interaction and by coordinating both Company and HQ resources to ensure that sales objectives are achieved. Develop and provide weekly and monthly sales forecasts and special reports to establish performance expectations and report achieved results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Secures purchase orders from Tier 1 carrier for 4G LTE Wireless Systems.
- · Initiates and conducts business meetings with targeted industry leaders and specific Tier 1 carrier executives to pursue new profitable business opportunities, introduce new products, and develop increased market share.
- · Identifies Tier 1 carrier’s needs and develops sales programs that match such needs with Company’s capabilities, revenue, and profitably requirements.
- · Directs and develops customer business relationships and manages the extended team to provide ongoing customer contact, increase business opportunities among existing customers, ensure satisfactory performance, resolve issues, develop continued business, and pursue new business opportunities.
- · Develops specific sales plans and identifies results to be achieved. Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- · Represents Company as an executive leader at industry venues and events. Identifies and develops new business opportunities and business relationships, which result in the achievement of increased revenue and profitability.
- · Ensures that sales objectives are achieved. Manages customer interaction with extended team to provide effective sales, sales training, customer service, product development, and customer retention. Establishes staffing requirements, hires, fires, and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel in conformance with company policies and procedures. Ensures the most effective payment of sales incentives to increase revenue and profitability. Develops and retains a high quality workforce.
- · Identifies and ensures compliance with operational requirements based on local market needs and logistics. Develops and coordinates marketing strategies, product development plans, schedules, and product introductions. Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from US and SEC to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- · Prepares weekly and monthly reports, management analysis, and information in order to establish business plans, forecast sales, and report on the performance of the assigned business against plan.
- · A Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or a business-related field from an accredited college or university. MBA or Masters Degree in a business-related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- · Have 10+ years experience in wireless systems sales through a variety of channels and with in-depth knowledge of LTE networks. Prior experience of selling to Tier 1 carrier strongly preferred.
- · Must be able to write, read, analyze, interpret, present, and explain wireless systems technical product and development materials.
- · Must have experience with Microsoft Standard Office Suite and extensive use of presentation software within a Windows/NT LAN/WAN network environment.
- · Demonstrated ability to interact at the executive and all levels within customer’s organizations.
- · The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, VP’s, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical, and project recommendations.
- · The ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute on multiple business programs and simultaneous performance objectives.
- · The ability to write, read, interpret, explain, and act on thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials, and contracts (or related documents) based on corporate legal and customer applications, engineering standards, and business philosophy.
- · Ability to make professional business presentations in writing, through emails and reports, or verbally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management, and operational experience.
- · Ability to direct extended team to achieve customer contracted objectives, team goals, and results within established time frames and requirements. The ability to develop sales and business objectives and metrics to clearly define results to be achieved, make decisions, give direction, and measure performance and business results.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- · Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- · Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 50% of work time.
- · Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
- · Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- · Frequent travel to customers’ facilities in Bellevue, other facilities, HQ in Korea, industry events, and trade shows up to 50% of the time.
- · Perform under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions.
- · Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.