Temporary HR Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
RBC is one of Canada's largest banks as measured by assets and market capitalization, and are among the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking and transaction processing services on a global basis. We employ approximately 74,000 full- and part-time employees who serve close to 15 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 51 other countries.
Job Summary: The Corporate Receptionist represents the company in a professional manner while serving as its primary in-person receptionist at the RBC Plaza. This position will be very visible and the first contact many clients and visitors will have with the company and as such will have an impact on their initial impression of the firm. This position also provides back-up administrative support to various areas in Human Resources and Recruiting.
The position hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- Answer phone and greet walk-in clients, visitors and applicants in a professional and courteous manner and direct or assist them as appropriate. Answer roll-over lines and direct calls for some department personnel as appropriate.
- Open, sort, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail for mail-stop department
- Main point of contact for any 7th floor facilities requests
- Create and distribute New Employee Packets for all new employees to department managers and branch managers as requested. Mail New Employee Packetswith offer letters to candidates as requested. Maintain an adequate supply of all necessary forms and inserts.
- Assist with New Hire paperwork such as I-9’s, main point of contact for fingerprinting process
- Administer Metro pass program and sell event tickets as well as account reconciliation
- Administer Premier Choice Awards program
- Run and distribute Code of Conduct and Respectful Workplace reports
- Approve business card and stationery requests
- Manage parking sticker distribution for Human Resources
- Maintain schedules for 7th floor conference rooms and the 12th floor auditorium
- Record use and return of microphones and LCD projector
- Process invoices, prepare mailings and make copies
- Schedule meetings, assist with travel arrangements and order meals for the HR Generalist and Recruiting groups as needed
- Rideau contact and invoicing for anniversary gifts
- Order general supplies for Human Resources and keep the supply room well stocked and organized
- Assist training consultant with creating/editing materials, setting up courses in online catalog, setting up live meetings, and various administrative tasks
- May assist with coordination of floor moves, archiving, and systems requests
- Edit/create Word and Excel documents and Power Point presentations
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Articulate and poised; projects professional image. Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of responsibility within the organization
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer satisfaction focus
- One to two years of customer service experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Strong recall / memory skills.
- Ability to quickly understand major functional areas of the company and key managers.
- Basic PC proficiency, and accurate typing of 40-50 wpm.
- Two to three years previous experience as a receptionist in a professional environment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows 2000 experience.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
APPLY ON-LINE AT: http::/www.rbc.com/careers