Safety & Loss Control Supervisor (closed)
Safety and Loss Control Supervisor, Mining
Our Client, a major Mining Company, has an opportunity for a Safety and Loss Control Supervisor to support its operations in British Columbia.
- Assist with the running of a comprehensive health and safety program.
- Manage and mentor a team of safety personnel including Safety Coordinators, Loss Prevention Officers and Security Gate personnel
- Provide technical support and functional leadership to site departments and personnel in areas related to health and safety
- Ensure adequate Emergency Response requirements are met
- Provide guidance and recommendation to contractor safety initiatives
- Update and maintain the sites Workplace Monitoring Program including statistical analysis
- Guide and mentor the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Develop, coordinate and conduct necessary Safety Training, Audits and Inspections
- Maintain site and corporate Safety Reporting requirements
- Sustain the Health & Safety Management program that supports managing safe work and work place hazard communication
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the management of a safety team
- Possess a CRSP designation or willing to achieve this designation
- Mining or heavy industry experience is preferred
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and keep accurate records
The position reports to the Superintendent, Employee Relations and is located in South Eastern British Columbia.