Zylog delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Zylog represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
About the Job
Our client has a requirement for a SQL Server DBA for a 6 Month Contract opportunity. The position is located in Toronto, ON.
What makes this Special
Our client is one of the largest Banks in North America. With exponential growth and millions of customers and clients who are served through our various businesses: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, and Wholesale Banking. Being part of this company is being part of a better Canadian service.
The candidate will be backfilling a position to allow other employees to work on a specific projects
SQL DB Engineering – is responsible for providing database design solutions to clients across all business areas in Bank.
• Design , build, test, deploy and develop quality database solutions for new projects consistent with project objectives and client requirements, and follow technology architecture standards
• Create all database objects from design to implementation
• Design and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/ effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/ issues
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Must have 8+ years SQL DBA working experience.
• MS MCDBA - DBA certification (nice to have)
• Experience in supporting SQL Server in a replication and also clustered environment.
• Knowledgeable on different versions MS SQL Server (2000, 2005 and 2008) as well as Windows Operating systems.
• Experienced in Database backup and recovery strategies such as TSM and/or Netbackup.
• Good understanding of shell scripting and Transact SQL scripting language.
• Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with high demands and short deadlines
• Ability to prioritize heavy workload with minimum supervision.
• Work with development project teams to design and implement database solutions to meet business requirements
• Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with development teams in doing database design, changes and enhancement to new and existing applications
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
• Must be team-oriented with abiltiy to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional setup
• Must demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining database solutions.
• Must be able to effectively represent DB Engineering team on escalated incident management calls from operations