Offshore Civil Engineer
Our client is one of the leading renewable energy developers in the UK and are currently heavily involved in both the onshore and offshore development of Wind Farms in conjunction with the Crown Estate.
The require an Offshore Civil Engineer to work on offshore wind, wave and tidal projects.
The project areas covered by this role will include the onshore substation, onshore cable route, near-shore transition joint bays and export cable landfall. In each case the scope of work includes concrete and steel structures, foundations and piling, reinforcement, drainage, access and temporary works. Knowledge of work within a high-voltage environment and regulations and requirements for design must be understood. The role will require you to work mainly on the client's side, in relation to large offshore wind farms, acting as client's engineer, managing and reviewing the design and workmanship of subcontractors. For some projects, the role will be to provide design and construction services to others, where design from scratch, including design plans, programming, preparation of calculations and drawings, preparation of specifications, site supervision, etc, will be required. Work on tidal projects is likely to be a minor part of the role.
The suitable candidate MUST HAVE:
- Degree qualified with experience in an engineering field
- Knowledge and past experience working Offshore
- Previous knowledge and experience of working with steel and concrete structures onshore, including the foundations and foundation systems, retaining structures and drainage.
- Experience of working on electrical substations and of horizontal directional drilling techniques. .
- Previous experience on wind projects
- Experience of buried cables or pipelines.
This role will require some travel within the UK and overseas.
If you feel you have a suitable background please send me your CV email@example.com