|Senior Project Manager
Provide overall management, administration and technical direction for large or multiple projects. Enforces company and project policies, main client interface, and ensures project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate. Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating and/or estimating the full cost on conceptual, design-build or general tender work by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work. Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Plan a construction project and prepare a construction schedule in conjunction with the Project Superintendent. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and architect contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Review on behalf of owners/clients billings, ensuring that details reflect the contract price including all accumulative changes/credits.
- Monitor actual costs to project estimates on a weekly/monthly basis, preparing accurate and timely cost reporting reflecting the project?s material and labor costs. Ensure reports are reviewed, analyzed and submitted to the Area Manager on a timely basis. Where applicable will work with Superintendent in the completion of these responsibilities.
- Review contract drawings and specifications and make sure that the building is built in accordance with these documents, that the contract drawings are the same as the estimate set of drawings.
- Review changes received from the Architect including contacting the subcontractor for pricing, checking Subcontractors quotations to ensure that they are complete and reasonable; and itemizing changes and presenting them to the Architect with confidence that the pricing is in accordance with the changes.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, project staff, Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, sharing knowledge and experience to meet the client?s objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct effective meetings with Project Team members, Owners, Architects and Subcontractors, ensuring meetings are professional and supportive of Client First program.
- Work with appropriate parties to ensure that problems, regardless of nature, are dealt with effectively and efficiently. As examples problems may be of a delivery, labor, schedule or payment nature.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that new business opportunities are identified, developed and communicated internally
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Innovative, ability to identify and implement new processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and project.
- Highly developed communication skills, written/oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Developed decision making skills
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc.
- Proficient in working with computers and various software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Detailed quantity take-off
- Construction methods and equipment
- Project planning and scheduling
- Labor and Material Pricing
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.