System Administrator (closed)
Our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced System Administrator to join a growing team in the Greater Boston area. As the System Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and daily operations of hardware, software, and services. Ideal candidates will possess experience with Enterprise backup software packages, Cisco/HP switching, checkpoint firewalls, and MS SQL.
The System Administrator will be engaged in infrastructure activities, with responsibilities including OS / network troubleshooting, maintenance of daily data backup jobs and tape rotation, basic web and database server administration. Your goal is to ensure that platform is implemented and operating efficiently and securely to support multiple client engagements.
This will involve daily activities such as the following:
· Provisioning, configuring, and monitoring client computer, networking, and telecommunications systems.
· Managing client access controls, systems management, and systems monitoring capabilities.
· Implementing, testing and documenting system configurations to optimize the platform operations and security. This includes tasks such as process automation, backup, application installation and configuration, security hardening, and performance tuning.
· Identifying and troubleshooting operational problems, and escalating issues to senior staff to ensure proper operations of the systems.
· Monitoring daily backup of operational data stores and maintenance of the tape rotation process and offsite storage collection.
· Help out with desktop support from time to time as needed.
· Candidate should be detail-oriented, very comfortable with navigation and administration of Windows Server platforms and associated applications. This is a great opportunity to learn and contribute in a fast-growing and energetic environment. We are looking for a dynamic individual with a can-do attitude to learn new technologies and get the job done.
Required Skills and Experience
· An Associate's degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems / Technology
· Strong troubleshooting, research and communications skills are required
· Three to five years experience in a data center, hosting center, database marketing firm, IT organization, or other operational database environment
· Strong background in Windows Server 2003/2008 administration and integrated tools such as Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, Terminal Services, etc.
· Understanding of TCP/IP, Internet technologies, basic network troubleshooting.
· VMware and SAN experience
· Provide front line support to environment and document via ticketing system
· Required to be part of after-hours on call rotation
· Enterprise backup software packages (Symantec Backup Exec)
· Cisco and/or HP switching experience
· Checkpoint firewall experience
· MS SQL Server
· Exchange Mail Server
· Enterprise testing tools / methodologies
· Technical writing / scripting skills
· FTP / SFTP experience
· Linux experience
· Experience with device monitoring/management via SNMP