Senior Network Engineer Internal Telecom
Berean group seeking Senior Network Engineer Internal Telecom
Location: Rochester, NY
Duration: 6 Months
Job type: Contract
Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
The position evaluates the existing network architecture as it applies to the Next Generation Call Center (NGCC) and Corporate Telecom its utilization, future market demands and applies their knowledge of new technology, network evolution and financial modeling to produce an optimal documented recommendation for evolving the network. There is an immediate opportunity in Internal Telecom for an individual that possesses VOIP and IP Network skills with an emphasis on WAN, Call Center and VOIP technology, architecture and implementation.
Other activities include:
- Develop and execute test plans to evaluate new technology and equipment
- Support internal groups to develop support systems for NGCC
- Support for Regional Engineers and Call Center Team
- 3rd tier support for VoIP as related to Call Center & Corporate Telecom
- Recommend and justify test equipment
- Train internal/external customers
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position may interact with potential customers, executives, regional engineers, shared services and vendors on a daily basis. The Sr. Network Engineer’s ability to present concepts, projects and plans clearly, confidently, and completely is critical.
This position is part of the Centralized Network Engineering organization that is responsible for network strategies for and network support for NGCC and Corporate Telecom.
- 5 + years experience in telecommunications engineering and/or operations
- 3-5 years experience in the design and implementation of IP telephony
- Avaya Aura platform certifications desired
- Knowledge of IP signaling protocols (SIP, SCCP, H.323, RTP)
- Experience in traffic marking, queuing, policing and shaping
- Experience in implementing QoS in a layer 2 & 3 environment
- Softswitch or gateway engineering and support experience
- Financial analysis skills are required – NPV
- LAN/WAN QoS Assessment & Validation
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent in experience
- Cisco CCNP, CCIPT or CCVP certification desired
- Acme SBC knowledge a plus
For More Job description and to apply click on the links below:
You can also mail your resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the job #116509 in the subject line. Applications without the job number may not be attended to. International candidates please excuse.