Engineering Manager (To be based in China) (closed)
$100,000 to $120,000 compensation
- Lead all New product & process, F/A all Engineering resources at the site.
- Lead cross-functional team to develop and manage the Value-based product Development and project management processes for the factory. Based on customer/internal sponsor requirement and expectation to achieve the lowest cost, timely delivery and the best quality.
- Undertake the VBPD process by converting specific project inputs into outputs by using various project tools and techniques. Plan, execute and control all new projects using defined methods and techniques. Adopt company value-based product development initiative as the framework for advancing products from initial customer equiry through to mass production.
- Develop and challenge direct reports to reach new levels of performance and job satisfaction.
- Embraces the TS16949 systems and procedures to drive for continuous improvement.
- Lead productive design review sessions that ensure the designs that reach the production floor are accurate, meet the customer’s needs and are easily manufacturable.
- Develop, analyze and control monthly and annual departmental expense budgets.
- Insure superior support to customers service personnel and has the ability to interface well with customers as required.
- Lead, develop nurture subordinates ensuring effective departmental succession planning.
- Insure superior support to production personnel, for new and existing production equipment and processes such as forming, printing, laser cutting, optical measurement systems, vision inspection systems, tooling and fixturing.
- Provide leadership and support to meeting as reviews as required.
- Assure that the Site complies with all ESH requirements for a safe work environment
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; BSME, BSEE, BSIE preferred.
- Five years of management experience in a leadership role with personnel and budgetary responsibility. Five years related high volume production experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter, leader of Automation, Process and Design Engineering. Capable of generating and/or implementing new ideas and driving them through to production. Understands the critical need for urgency in effective deployment and has the talent and instincts to find near optimum solutions without trying every possibility. This person is a valued member of the site operations staff and can interface well with upper managers, peers, subordinates and customers.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Requires the fundamental understanding of electrical and mechanical control for automated manufacturing equipment, linear and rotational mechanisms, pneumatics, and industry compliant safety devices.
- Familiarity with lasers, vision systems, and other automation equipment preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of polyester forming and cutting preferred.
- Aggressive individual with a sense of urgency and a desire to be part of a winning team.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask many different forms of work input that are both strategic and operational in nature.
- True self-starter with the ability to work towards goals with little day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables