Customer Support Engineer (closed)
Provide technical services to customers in LAN Switching technologies. Candidate must have excellent written and oral skills. CCNA certification is required. The following responsibilities are associated with this LAN Switching Support Engineer position:
· Provides second/third level technical support for LAN Switch technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers.
· Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
· Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required.
· Acs as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
· Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
· Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise.
· Works with Cisco''s switching gear including Cisco Switches, Software, and Protocols.
Routing/Switching - General knowledge of troubleshooting Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms.
Effective written and oral communication skills
Ability to configure, analyze and troubleshoot highly complex networks.
Proven crisis management skills, and the ability to excel under pressure.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
Strong Layer 2 knowledge as this position will primarily focus on supporting Cisco''s Switching platforms.
Knowledge of LAN Switching system architecture and the ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues. Product include: Catalyst Switches: C6500, C4000, C3500, C2900 and other Layer 2 devices.
Multicast: General multicast knowledge and knowledge of troubleshooting multicast, specifically on the Catalyst 6500.
Strong documentation skills--to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and Trainings.
Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as most of the work being done is through the phone.
Very strong Problem Solving skills--will be utilized often as this position covers all Cisco LAN Switching technologies.
Ability to drive recreates remotely
PROCOM SERVICES A leading provider of IT services in North America, PROCOM SERVICES currently have more than 4200 consultants on assignment and place hundreds of people in permanent positions annually. For over 30 years, we have been finding high-quality jobs for our candidates. Our policies of maintaining open communication with both clients and candidates consistently make us the IT Firm of Choice.