IT Programmer (closed)
Software Methods is seeking a Microsoft .Net Developer for our client in Bethlehem, PA. The successful candidate will work closely with end users and management to support both business and IT Operational need. Ideal candidates will possess strong application development skills in C# and SQL. This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Information Systems.
· Lead projects, from inception to post- production and analysis.
· Design and build elements of integrated systems and document software components.
· Collaborate with end users (internal/external) on development of requirements and design of applications (including testing).
· Adhere to standards for software development.
· Provide expert technical advice and counsel to management and define the technical direction to be followed.
· Develop and provide insights into streamlining the business intelligence processes.
· Research, define and deploy BI improvement opportunities.
· Develop time estimates for project deliverables.
· Maintain and enhance existing systems.
· Be a team player.
· Keep up with latest trends in computers, the internet, and electronics.
Required Technical Skills:
· Firm understanding of WCF and Multi-tiered application development experience a must.
· 3+ years working with website technologies (HTML/HTTP/HTTPS, ASP, Web Services).
· 3+ years programming experience with ASP.NET (C#).
· 3+ years of experience with SQL Server 2008, including data modeling and stored procedures.
· Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
· Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
· Exposure to implementing Source Code Control Management.
· Ideal candidate will having experience with Drupal website development.
Required Communication Skills:
· Ability to integrate with business initiatives.
· Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers as needed.
· Intuitive communicator who is respectful and considerate of others.