Health/Safety Coordinator (Manufacturing) (closed)
We're recruiting! Manpower, Inc. of SE Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Health/Safety Coordinator to work for our client in Ann Arbor.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Primary function of the position is to eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage. Must apply advanced mathematical techniques; professional engineering principles, methods, and techniques; safety-related elements of the physical sciences, ergonomics, psychology and physiology; and safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
2.Comply with all ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to your job description.
3.Assists in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skill and abilities.
4.May advise on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of such factors as fatigue, stability, stress, concentration and creep; design protective equipment or safety devices for machines and redesign machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards; and/or review proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed.
5.Apply knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment.
6.Utilizes and maintains knowledge of governmental regulations to ensure compliance with the standards and regulations of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
7.Evaluates plants for industrial hazards and directs programs for preventing accidents and reducing their frequency. Proactively works with engineering and maintenance regarding the installation of new and refurbished equipment to prevent any unforeseeable hazards and ergo issues.
8.Monitors the status of all workers' compensation and legal cases. Puts in place actions to proactively reduce the number of Workers' comp. cases.
9.Investigates each accident to determine the cause and method for prevention. Communicates outcomes of investigations to appropriate team members and provides all appropriate follow-up.
10.Evaluates the safety training needs of the employees in accordance with standards and regulations and estimates the potential benefits to be derived. Develops annual training plan in alignment with total HSE Management Program.
11.Monitors incidence rates (frequency and severity) on a monthly basis and reports out on metrics as required.
12.Responsible for hazardous materials/waste management including the proper storage and disposal and interfaces with third parties to obtain/maintain all documentation regarding waste stream storage and disposal.
13.Ensures all facilities and equipment are within local fire code standards and follow the requirements of our insurance underwriters.
14.Manages the general safety and workers' compensation concerns of the employees on a daily basis.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Change agent fostering a culture of "Safety First" .
- Bachelor's of Science in Occupational or Industrial H&S degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or Bachelors Degree w/ work expereince required
- P.E. registration, IOSH_RSP, CSP, CIH, CHP or CRSP certification preferred
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of safety experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- Worked directly with both divisions of MIOSHA (CET & enforcement.)
- MVPP program implementation and working knowledge.
- DupontSstop, Malcolm Baldridge, OSHA's 18001 development and implementation experience and knowledge.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com forimmedicate review.