Epic Ancillary/Clinical PM (closed)
• Prior experience in managing Epic projects a plus
• Experience managing medium to large healthcare projects
• Healthcare and Clinical background a plus
• Familiar with HIPAA, JCAHO and other regulations that impact hospitals and clinics.
• Experience in supporting at least one Epic implementation beginning to end
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
Project Scope/Deliverable: Provide Epic Ancillary/Clinical project management support for the implementation of Epic Radiant and Epic Willow.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / JOB DUTIES
The Epic Ancillary/Clinical PM Position will primarily focus on leading the team for the Epic Radiant and Epic Willow ancillary systems, as well as help lead the Clerk Order Entry build for the impacted Radiology and Lab systems. In addition we want this resource to be able to assess the design impacts of this project to future clinical implementations
• Responsible for following Project Management Methodology and use tools appropriately. Those tools may include but are not limited to
b. Project Management Plan
c. Work Breakdown Structure
e. Support Matrix
f. Project Schedule
h. Test Plan and Scripts
i. Go-Live Plans
j. Support Documentation
k. Training Plans
l. Post-Live Support
• Develop the implementation project plan and provide input based on previous experience; this will include but not limited to resource planning, hardware assessment and scheduling and budget.
• Lead the Epic Ancillary and Clinical implementation team by providing and maintaining project plan and deliverables
• Manage implementation with an integrated approach partnering with teams supporting current live functionality and departments (ex: inpatient, pharmacy, revenue cycle, etc)
• Responsible for identifying decision points to project governance
• Responsible for resource planning for the Epic Ancillary and Clinical project and providing recommendations as needed
• Assist and provide recommendations for training strategy
• Work with IT department to ensure appropriate hardware is purchased tested, and installed at the desired hospital/clinic(s).
• Train and educate internal staff on project process and implementation
• Compile and maintain list of all open items to be resolved/assigned.
• Assure downtime procedures/tools are in place.
• Responsible to develop and implement go live plan including go-live support plan
• Develop post-live support plan and process to transition to support
• Interface with all levels of the staff and clinical committees.
• Report all obstacles/issues/risks to the IT Implementation Manager for guidance and resolution
• Assist with the hiring process of FTE resources for as necessary
• Budget and financial administration – As needed, assist in managing the budget for this project
• Provide weekly or bi-weekly status reports to IT Implementation Manager. These reports will highlight recent accomplishments, issues, and recommendations. They will also serve to confirm upcoming activities
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a current copy of your resume along with the best time and number to reach you to email@example.com.
Follow me on Twitter @ “EpicOpps”
Check out my LinkedIn group "Epic Avenues"