Network Engineer (closed)
North Charleston, SC
- Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including wireless) of moderate complexity.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
- Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement.
Scope of Work
- Carries out performance monitoring, capacity planning, and configuration management for servers and network equipment, at the device and the network levels;
- Deploys and manages network electronics such as routers and switches and associated software;
- Prepares and manages project plans for network upgrades and installations such as new school facilities;
- Evaluates, plans, procures and implements new network products and technologies to meet the short term and long term needs of the client;
- Recommends, schedules, and performs security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases;
- Plans and manages contracted technical support for network tasks;
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior members of the team; and
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or Associates degree in Networking Technology or related field
- Two additional years of related experience in network technology
Experience & Training:
- Five years experience in network management with emphasis on switching and routing.
- CCNA Certification
- Valid Driver’s License