Senior Middleware Administrator
Berean Group is seeking a Senior Middleware Administrator
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
Work Status: Citizen, GC Holder, EAD
We are looking for an individual for the role of Senior Middleware Administrator supporting our client. The position will be based at the client site in Minneapolis, MN. This individual must possess and apply advanced knowledge of: middleware administration and architectures. Knowledge includes leadership experience implementing and administering middleware applications in mixed Intel and UNIX environments. Interpersonal skills are a key component of the position as it interacts with company and client team members. This person may direct activities of other team members.
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Advanced knowledge of middleware products implementation, administration, and troubleshooting
- Strong time management skills and the ability to independently plan and complete activities within time constraints are crucial
- Candidate must be willing to work outside normal business hours and be available for periodic on call rotation
- Strong administration and implementation experience with: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere Application Server, IBM InfoSphere - Quality Stage, Info Analyzer, and Discovery, Sterling Integrator (nice to have), EMC Documentum (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Unix Administration and scripting.
- Work with client architects and IT teams to define the infrastructure and system requirements to support application environments. Comprehend client architectural, security, and configuration standards and provide leadership guidance where standardization is needed. . Install, configure, tune, maintain, and upgrade products such as InfoSphere DataStage, MQ, Message Broker, and related products, insuring adherence to high availability requirements such as clustering, load balancing, and fail over.
- Implement procedures for maintenance, monitoring, backup, and recovery operations for the designated products.
- Perform performance management tasks including monitoring and proactive tuning of storage and memory allocation in the client environment to insure high availability and performance.
- Automate recurring administration tasks such as application monitoring, log file rotation, and application patch processes.
- Resolve technical issues in timely manner, perform root cause analysis of issues, and recommend, implement solutions.
For More Job description and to apply click on the links below:
You can also mail your resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the job #116469 in the subject line. Applications without the job number may not be attended to. International candidates please excuse.