Electrical Engineer (closed)
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies that improve the quality and performance of our customers' products in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. Lubrizol is a Fortune 500 company. In 2010 we were recognized by Newsweek as one of the greenest companies in America. We are a 10-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 Award, honoring great workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio. In 2010 and 2011, Forbes Magazine and Corporate Responsibility Magazine named us one of the top 100 and best corporate citizens, respectively. Trust Across America also named us a Top 10 Trustworthy Company for 2010. Lubrizol consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us! We currently have the following opportunity for an Electrical Engineer available at our Louisville, Kentucky facility:
Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, and systems.
- Supervise contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs.
- Work with project managers to assure projects meet business needs, applicable codes and standards of quality.
- Conduct field investigations and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor and materials required to properly maintain and improve the plant power systems.
- Lead annual electrical shutdown activities, includes all maintenance on power systems and MCC’s.
- Provide engineering support to staff electricians and instrument technicians.
- Lead plant effort to ensure compliance with NFPA 70E
- Implement improvements that reduce overall plant electrical usage
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience with electrical power systems and project management in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to travel as required
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience with process controls in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in DCS controlled operations
- Experience in a Process Safety Management regulated facility
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
For more information and to apply, visit www.lubrizol.jobs.
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/D/V