The position is responsible for the compliance and implementation of the PMO’s standards, guidelines, processes, and the Project Management methodology, and to ensure the correct usage during project deployments along the project’s life cycle, project phases and project areas, to successfully review and lead the governance on projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: other duties that may be assigned by the Global Services Director or Project Manager
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of the Project Charter for project formal approval.
- Develops, along with the project manager and the project management team, the initial project plan, scope definition and project’s deliverables by area.
- Develops a detail and complete project schedule including activities listing, sequence and dependencies to monitor and control the project timeline, activities completion and critical path.
- Manages the implementation of the Project Site/Platform (through Project Server) for project activation, and documents administration and control, to update in an accurate and timely fashion the projects’ information and knowledge base.
- Implements the Project Management Methodology, tools, forms, guidelines and standards established by the PMO along the project’s life cycle, and to assess and to measure its implementation.
- Supports the Project Manager with the definition of the right skills, knowledge, roles and responsibilities of the team members that will implement the project, and the corresponding resource estimations and assignments duration.
- Monitors, updates, and controls the project schedule, activities execution, budget expenses vs. the baseline, to assure the project milestones and timelines are fulfilled and that the project is delivered within budget, time and quality.
- Monitors and controls the project scope, milestones execution and its quality, to assure that the project plan is implemented as designed and as agreed with the customer.
- Provides project quality control and area’s support monitoring, through the administration and management of the project’s issues, individual productivity indicators and implementation of the internal survey.
- Arranges and conducts the project status meetings with the team to follow up the project execution, activities completion, risks, issues and changes, providing the agenda and the meeting’s minutes for effective project coordination and control.
- Implements an effective Communication Plan to ensure that communications, both internal and external, are effective along the project areas and along the project’s life cycle.
- Implements, as part of the Project Management Methodology: risks management and issues management, by means of risk log, issue log, risk’s assessment, risk’s mitigation plans, and monitoring the status of the issues and its resolution.
- Provides to the Project Manager, the PMO and the stakeholders, accurate and up-to-date information of the project budget, progress, issues, changes, risks, milestones completion, and general project’s status and progress.
- Implements the customer’s satisfaction survey and to monitor the satisfaction performance based on the surveying processes defined by PMO.
- Provides support and guidance to the Project Manager, project’s team members, and project’s supporting areas on the implementation of the Project Management and PMO’s processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Defines the project’s KPIs and perform its calculation and control, to track the measurement of how the project is progressing against the baseline, and to provide quantitative information of the project’s overall performance.
- Conducts the lessons learned gathering process, during and at the end of the project, to generate the official report with the lessons learned, action plans, owners and due dates.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.