Sr. Wireless Network Engineer (closed)
Sr. Wireless Network Engineer 0-75% travel based out of Plano, TX
6 month contract – possible CTH
- Manages project resources through coordination and cooperation.
- Mentors and instructs other team members on the technical expertise needed to advance in their technical careers.
- Formulates new procedures and coordinates convergence software and hardware installations.
- Documents engineering standards and proposals or recommendations for all convergence capabilities.
- Researches, analyzes, plans, designs, installs and maintains Convergence systems.
- This position is within Infrastructure Solutions, managing and implementing wireless network technologies. These technologies will primarily be focused on Aruba Networks wireless technology implementations.
- The candidate is expected to provide consulting, design, and technical support for customer and/or internal wireless network implementations.
- Must be able to analyze wireless network performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide technical support for Aruba Networks wireless technologies, including root cause analysis and permanent resolutions.
- Plan and implement maintenance, modifications and enhancements to wireless networks.
- Establish documentation standards and practices for wireless networks.
- Coordinate changes with affected departments and customers.
- Manage vendor performance through routine measurements and reviews.
- Provide strategies around security, authentication, controller redundancy, and load balancing.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on current and emerging technologies in the Wireless LAN space.
- Maintain the ability to troubleshoot complex Wireless LAN problems with little or no supervision.
- Perform basic technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems, systems integration for
LAN/WAN communications, network nodes, switches, and various transmission systems.
- 7+ years direct experience with enterprise level Wireless LAN support primarily focused on Aruba Networks.
- Extensive configuration and support experience in a highly complex multi-layered network environment.
- Must have superior network routing and layer 3 switching troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with standard network change management and configuration policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and organizational skills.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) required.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert-Voice and additional CCIE preferred.
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.
- 4+ years network administration, design, and deployment.
- Diagnostic experience with a variety of protocol and interface standards
- Experience with PC based tools and products such as Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, Linux and UNIX Minimum Certifications or Other
- Professional Credentials:
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX)
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
- Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)