EHS Training Specialist (closed)
Our client is currently looking for an EHS Training Specialist to work for a technology solutions company near Waltham, MA. They are looking for a Training Specialist with 3-5 years of experience in EHS training in a manufacturing environment. Our ideal candidate is dynamic, innovative, and capable of garnering the respect and trust of upper management.
In this role, you will beresponsible for the development, delivery, facilitation, and measurement of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) training within. You will hold ownership of all EHS and new employee training programs.
- Deliver and facilitate structured training and development programs and initiatives.
- Conduct refresher training, new hire orientation and pertinent departmental training classes/programs
- Research, design and develop new training programs and materials as needed.
- Ensure training manuals are updated, relevant and support Standard Operating Procedures and EHS written programs.
- Incorporate measurement and assessment tools to support all training
- Oversee the “Trainer” training process ensuring proper skill level and certify trainers.
- Collaborate to communicate timelines, needs, and pertinent information
- Support data analysis to recommend learning needs
- Advise business partners in proper allocation of training resources based on business needs analysis.
- Use influencing skills to gain consensus in allocation of those resources
- Understand and actively participate in EHS responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities
- May be required to act as a technical supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Education:
- 3-5 years of experience as an EHS trainer in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Additional training or related certifications in training, curriculum development, and learning concepts & technologies are required
- Ability to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently
- Ability to develop practical and workable solutions to clients’ technical and business problems
- Ability to coordinate activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical and/or functional issues
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers, and management
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Dynamic, innovative, and capable of garnering the respect and trust of upper management
- Has a commitment to our work and cares about others
- Communicates honestly and transparently; is respectful and appreciative of the contributions of others and identifies opportunities for personal growth
- Demonstrates intellectual quickness, curiosity, and discipline; thinks critically, challenges assumptions, and makes learning a component of every activity
- Is excited about the prospect of change and able to easily adapt and recover from setbacks