Document Control Specialist/Product Configuration Management
Industry : A Leading Telecom Client
Job Title : Document Control Specialist/Product Configuration Management (ID: 86795)
Location : San Jose, CA
Duration : 6+ months (possibility of an extension)
- Define and coordinate configuration management activities and develop product structures for selected programs.
*** PLEASE NOTE:
• This candidate will also be assisting with Oracle transactions as well as performing back-up to the PCMs that are assisting with Trilogy.
- Represent Product Configuration Management (PCM) at new product development program team meetings to define and develop product Bill of Materials (BOM) structures and documentation requirements based on practices and processes
Prior Oracle experience required.
- Creation, preparation and processing of Engineering Releases (PPDs, EDRs and ECs) for drawings, Engineering documents, products, assemblies and detailed parts
- Initiate and manage BOM review meeting(s) with Program Team associates
- Provide configuration guidance to program teams and resolve configuration and product documentation release issues
- Responsible for ensuring adherence by other departments to PCM configuration and documentation control processes, practices, and release requirements
- Provide direction and guidance to Program Management, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, and other departments as necessary, regarding release related documentation and processing
- Develop and maintain product structures for multiple products concurrently
Provide configuration and product documentation support and processing for sustaining (production released) products
- Responsible for creating and processing accurate and complete Item Master and BOM information
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering change requests conform to structure and documentation practices and procedures
- Analyze procedures and processes to improve efficiency and/or methods of operations
- Responsible for ensuring product configurations and structures are consistent among different product releases based on documented standards, practices, and processes
- Responsible for ensuring that the costing process is followed for releases and co-initiating part and product cost processes with New Product Introduct (Materials Mgmt)
- Assist in processing and submitting cost requests
- Under the guidance of the Product Specialist, release purchased parts and assemblies
- Review error logs and disposition errors to be corrected.
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering change requests conform to BOM documentation practices and procedures. Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Interface with Components Engineering to coordinate off-the-shelf part releases
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering or technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience OR an Associates Degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Administrative environment, working with computer BOMs, item master maintenance and product structuring
- Extensive Agile experience in the last two years as well as SAP and/or Oracle experience.
- Has been part of a PLM and ERP transition team in the past. A release operations person with a touch of IT.
- Must have a working knowledge of Documentation Change Control and manufacturing processes
- Strong PC skills required MS Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases. Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP (Material/Enterprise Resource Planning) and PDM/PLM (Product Data/Lifecycle Management) systems
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with associates in all disciplines and functions.
Madhav Fatania | Sr. Technical Recruiter
A CMMI Level 5 Organization