Certified Project Manager (closed)
GREAT PAY !! IMMEDIATE OPENING !! APPLY TODAY !!!
Our client in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Certified Project Manager for a 1-year assignment.
Assist with implementing various strategic initiatives to transform the agency’s business processes and technical platforms. A seasoned project manager (PM) is required to support the implementation efforts to ensure that business capabilities are delivered on time and within budget.
The PM will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Directly plan and manage the implementation of projects or program components
- Integrate the work of vendor team(s) who are delivering technology components with the technical, business process, and organizational work of other client project teams
- Communicate project information, issues, or status to the organization through various methods including written reports and presentations
- Oversee the worked performed by key client resources assigned to the project
- Apply best practices in the 9 knowledge areas of project management, and adhere to the project standards and processes established by the EPMO
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8 or more years in application development or COTS implementation using a standard SDLC
- 10 or more years of direct experience as a project or program manager following PMBoK
- Experience in integrating technical, business process, and organizational change readiness components in a cross-functional or enterprise project
- Experience implementing applications in a mixed technical environment such as web, client server, mainframe, Java/J2EE, XML
- Proficiency in MS Project 2007 (able to utilize the tool to establish and manage the critical path, establish and manage shared enterprise resources, status the project)
- Detail oriented and capable of producing required project artifacts
- Skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate across functional areas
- Capacity for demanding and stressful project work
- Candidate must reside in the Raleigh-Durham area
Preference will be given to those candidates who possess:
Prior experience using MS Project Server for enterprise resource management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office tools
- Sharepoint and/or JIRA experience
- Knowledge of the SEI’s CMMITM
QUALIFIED candidates must register at www.why-pss.com to be considered for this GREAT opportunity.