Sr. Network Engineer- LAN MAN (closed)
Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010 continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: LAN/MAN Network Engineer
Job Location: North Hollywood, CA
Our customer is seeking a LAN Network Engineer who will be focused on switching (Layer 2/3) in an enterprise environment.
· Configure, troubleshoot, and support Cisco switches (3700 series, 6500 series, 4500 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000.)
· Configure, troubleshoot, support Cisco routers (3800 series and 4500 series)
· Configure, troubleshoot, and support Cisco WCS wireless controllers and access points.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience with Cisco networking (hardware, software, protocols, etc.) with emphasis on large-scale enterprise LAN/MAN network deployments and operations.
· Experience in an enterprise environment supporting over a thousand switches and wireless access points.
· Experience with Cisco switches (3700 series, 6500 series, 4500 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000.)
· Experience with Cisco routers 3800 series and 4500 series.
· Experience with Cisco WCS, WISM, WLAN, Cisco wireless controllers.
· Daily hands on experience with routing protocols; BGP, EIRGP, MPLS, OSPF, IGRP version 1 and version 2
· Experience with Spanning tree/STP
· Experience with Hot Standby Router Protocol- HSRP
· Troubleshooting, implementation or design experience with Dense wavelength division multiplexing/DWDM
· Experience with change management, performance reporting for complex LAN/MAN networks.
· Extensive experience with packet/protocol analyzers and network performance tools, to find and remedy application and network performance issues.
· Ability to demonstrate in-depth support and engineering experience with LAN/MAN
· Demonstrate ability to support complex, enterprise level LAN/MAN networks
· Hands on experience with 802.11a/b/g/n wireless technology and installation practices
· Working knowledge with installation and maintenance of Cisco?s WiFi/802.11 systems.
· Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Network management systems, reporting and capacity planning.
· Experience in enterprise networking configuring and maintenance in a 24x7x365 SLA production environment.
· Provide Maintenance and engineering support for Layer 2 and 3 Cisco enterprise network supporting a global Voice solution.
· Implement and support MAN, LAN, R&S, and Wireless controllers.
· CCNP preferred but not required
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com