Infrastructure Project Manager with SharePoint Implementation
New York, NY
Best Package compensation
Report this Job
- Experience managing projects using known project management methodologies
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management, preference in applications delivery at enterprise level
- Exposure and experience working with Senior Management in Financial Services Sector
- Software vendor management experience
- Strong exposure to Sharepoint 2007+ implementations
- Post Secondary education in Computer Science, Accounting or Business or equivalent experience
- Project Management Methodologies Training or Certification
- PMP designation is preferable
Exposure to Hyperion Financial Management or Clarity FSR
- Assist the client in defining the scope and services to be provided
- Create and execute project work plans/schedule and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage day-to-day project plans for multiple projects
- Works closely with the Client Manager in managing business priorities and ensure alignment with Application Managers and Technology Managers for technical specifications.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicting information amongst the needs and the requirements obtaining approval on and base lining business requirements.
- Manages business documentation and funding / Project Approval Requests for projects.
- Ensures risk assessments are completed, and contingency plans identified
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Assesses ambiguous situations and provides clarity to team and stakeholders as required.
- Manages project closure initiatives (lessons learned, project closure report)
- Effectively applies the client Methodology and enforces project standards and promotes best practices
- Ensures effective risk and issues management for project success.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Effectively completes all required project governance activities
- SERVICE/PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Service driven with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
- Proven capability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Courteous with a professional image, this candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as in team environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate project risks and issues for Project Sponsor/Steering Committee direction to be provided
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the link between business need and application of technology.
- Proven ability to deliver project deliverables on time and in scope
- Ability to manage third party vendors/ consultants
- Manages project communications and status reporting (e.g., communication plan, presentations to steering committees, and management of documents) for the immediate project team, the project stakeholders and for senior management.