SharePoint Software Engineer (closed)
Title: SharePoint Software Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI (Local Candidates Only)
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Depends on Experience
At Brightwing (formerly Resource), we are motivated by a sincere desire to help others. We have been helping people and organizations align people with the right jobs for over 35 years. We do this by learning what makes you special. What are your aspirations? Your values, priorities, and environments where you perform at your very best? The answers provide clues as to which specific opportunity and organization will fit who you are as a unique individual, not just what you can do as an employee. Our passion for people is evident; we have been named a Best and Brightest place to work for two years in a row.
The Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring that software is designed and developed using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with software development project methodology. The Software Engineer may or may not write code, although most do regularly. The Software Engineer will provide software development technical and process expertise and leadership across all software projects managed within the domain. The Software Engineer will develop key processes, frameworks and best practices that all development projects will leverage. This role will provide oversight to all development activities to ensure utilization of appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), development frameworks, development tools, application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. The Software Engineer will advise and coach development teams and will review the software being developed to insure the highest standards in code quality, performance, security and overall delivery to requirements.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Project Planning and Project Management
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Interacts with COTS supplier teams to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures in terms of design, code, performance, security, and release optimization
- Works with Senior leadership to identify continuous improvement opportunities for software development, design, and engineering areas.
- Collaborates with Architecture team to drive design framework alignment with upfront architecture activities
- Designs and Implements solutions for code asset management and reusable design/frameworks
- Conducts research on new products/languages and drives implementation to benefit/optimize the overall software development
- SharePoint Server 2007 and 2010 development experience in an environment using a full software development lifecycle approach
- Hands-on capability and experience in Microsoft .NET platforms and technologies (ASP.NET, general .NET development, Silverlight, XML/XSLT, IIS, BizTalk Server, MS CRM, Analysis Services, PerformancePoint Server, WCF, WPF, SQL Server 2005/2008, etc.)
- Experience using SharePoint Designer
- Experience with SharePoint Search and FAST Search
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET 4.0 framework
- Experience with workflow creation both out of the box and Designer
- Building and implementing Business Intelligence dashboards using Dashboard Designer
- Knowledge of Collaboration and Portal Technologies
- Experience using InfoPath, Forms Services, Excel Services, Search, Business Data Catalog and (WCF) Web Services in a variety of business environments
- Knowledge of role based Identity and Access Management, and LDAP/Active Directory authentication and group security as it applies to SharePoint
- Proficiency with design tools including Visio, Photoshop, and Word
- Experience managing code releases and deploying production ready software system
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Proven ability to evaluate, design, develop and implement SharePoint based solutions focused on delivering business value in a cost effective manner
- Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD)
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Master's degree in software engineering or management information systems or technical discipline preferred. Demonstrated Published technical work.
If you feel you meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume to: email@example.com