Feedmill Supervisor - KS #2214 (closed)
SUMMARY: Compiles personnel assignment schedules and oversees the operations of the Feedmill and Delivery Departments by performing the following duties.
• Oversees product and manufacturing procedures to verify conformance to the high standards of quality as established by the CGMP’s for the industry.
• Reviews all daily usage, inventory, and investigates and corrects all discrepancies.
• Learns and understands the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the Feedmill. Must be able to operate all areas of the feedmill and completely understand Automation system.
• Screens and performs interviews of hourly employee applicants.
• Trains appropriate hourly workers in their assigned work/production duties including cross training.
• Performs annual reviews of mill and delivery employees as needed.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet plant or production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve mill and transportation production methods, equipment performance and quality of service and carry out any needed corrective action.
• Assures worker issues/problems are resolved in timely fashion.
• Initiates or suggests methods to motivate workers to achieve departmental goals.
• Reviews and recommends continued training /education of employees in safe work methods.
• Timely and accurate documentation of all issues associated with proper administration of department.
• Maintain collaborative working relationship with supervisors, peers, subordinates, internal customers and external customers.
• Prepare various reports and delegates appropriate duties to subordinate employees.
• Leads crew to achieve optimal production while maintaining output of quality product.
• Interprets company policies to workers and provides safety education by having effective and well planned safety meetings as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Feedmill and Delivery employees within the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or four (4) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
1. High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
2. 4+ years of experience in a Feedmill with some in a supervisory role.