Sr. Linux Systems Administrator: Solaris, CentOS (closed)
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator: Solaris, CentOS
San Francisco Peninsula near BART/CalTrain with free onsite parking.
Great Benefits Package! (see below)
Top company working with top brands.
Join a growing, fast-paced, and challenging work environment. We consistently embrace new technologies, so you will work with the latest and greatest technologies in the field. Come help us scale our environment to meet demands of the near future.
We're looking for strong, talented Systems Administrators with senior level skills to own our constantly-expanding production infrastructure. Perfect environment if you are goal driven, a good multi-tasker, and like to work smart (not needlessly hard).
A great career opportunity at a profitable, growing company, top in its online marketing niche. Great brand to work for.
Support top-name clients on our SaaS suite of integrated applications, which include mobile, email, social and web components. We have large scale, high-end applications that drive business for our clients.
· Configure, tune, and optimize system and network performance.
· Monitor system stability and performance.
· Develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
· Ensure 24x7x365 uptime.
· Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
· Participate in architecture decisions.
· Write comprehensive documentation.
· 8+ years as a Unix/Linux administrator
· 3+ years as a Sr. Unix/Linux administrator
· Recent work experience with Solaris 9/10 and RHEL/CentOS 4/5;
· Extensive knowledge of Solaris/RHEL/CentOS environments
· Expertise in
o Unix/Linux systems administration,
o web servers,
o load balancers,
o Veritas Cluster Server (VCS),
o storage (EMC, Brocade, NetApp),
o network and host security and protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS).
· Solid programming / scripting in at least two languages (shell plus a higher-level language).
· Good grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
· Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments (e.g. ISPs, ASPs, SaaS, etc.)
· Ability to respond quickly and intelligently to operational issues while keeping calm and logical.
· Outstanding troubleshooting ability.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Great Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive compensation,
· 3 weeks of vacation to start, sick time, paid holidays,
· education reimbursement,
· 401K, stock options,
· shuttle to BART and CalTrain, commuter benefits,
· medical (3 options), 100% vision, and dental insurance,
· EAP, FSA
Direct contact: val at scionStaffing dot com
Keywords: SysAdmin, Systems Administrator, Linux, Unix, Solaris, RHEL, RedHat, CentOS, optimization, tuning, monitoring, Veritas, VCS, storage, EMC, Brocade, NetApp, networking protocols, SMTP, shell scripting, MTA, load balancer, TCP/IP
About Our Search Firm:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquarted in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.