Sr Java - Hands on- Developer- E-Trading- NYC- (closed)
Java Developer - Electronic Trading Infrastructure
Our client, a major Investment Bank, seeks a hands-on server-side Java developer with track-record of building advanced systems and experience in electronic trading to join the
Electronic Trading Infrastructure team in NY. The team engineers the firm's algo trading infrastructure, which includes a wide array software products and related technologies from real-time OS functionality and OS tuning toolkits, to high-performance unicast and multicast transports, application and order management frameworks, and advanced platforms for low-latency algo trading. The candidate will work in a small team and be wholly responsible for design, implementation, and delivery of Java trading components for use in a low-latency Java trading platform running on Linux.
Candidates must have excellent Java skills and experience writing production code for
large scale performance critical real-time trading systems. Experience with multicast, performance intensive problem domains, multi-threading and multiprocessing in mission critical systems are highly desirable. Deep understanding of JVM internals and Linux, concurrent data structures and algorithms, creative problem solving skills, and excellent communication skills are essential.
* Exceptional hands-on Java with a strong delivery track-record measured as code sent to production
* E-trading, electronic risk management, or related background
* Experience writing and working with latency critical, large-scale systems
* Team-building experience, including working with remote/global teams
* 8 - 12 years experience, level of hire will be commensurate with experience
* Exceptional Java
* Performance tuning for Linux
* Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Python preferred
* Knowledge of other JVM based languages (esp. Scala) a plus
* FIX, exchange- and market-data connectivity experience