Java Developer (closed)
Java Developer - Mid-Level
This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity INSIDE the perimeter. Candidates should have experience designing and building multi-tier web-based applications using Java/J2EE, Hibernate, AJAX and Oracle/MySQL. Google Web Toolkit (GWT) or JSP a plus! You will participate in the evaluation of emerging technologies and promote their usage with the team. Projects will involve developing new applications, enhancing existing applications, and maintaining production applications. Our client is looking for a mid-level candidate that has experience working within a project team, following established application development patterns, being a positive collaborator in the application development environment, and contributing to the overall enterprise architecture. Don't want to be bored but don't want to be overworked? Enjoy work/life balance in an educational setting where your work is valued for this premier university.
- Design and build software as per the technical and functional specifications, application development patterns, and technical standards.
- Interact with the clients/stakeholders to understand the requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation of emerging technologies, develop proof-of-concepts, and promote the usage of these emerging technologies
Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues to applications.
- Work as a positive team member of a project that may consist of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Information Architects, Architects, and/or Database Administrators to deliver quality applications and components within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Manage workload effectively and report status of tasks in a timely manner.
- In-depth understanding of Object-oriented analysis and design principles.
- Understanding of N-tier application architecture, software design patterns
- Hands on experience with Java/J2EE, Hibernate, XML, AJAX, web-services and SQL.
- Basic knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
- 1 year prior experience designing and implementing large-scale multi-tier web-based applications.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix commands
- 1 year experience working with RDBMS like Oracle, Microsoft SQL server or MySQL database
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and clients in requirements/design process
- Knowledge of Service Oriented and event-driven Architecture (SOA)principles.
- Experience building web applications using Google Web Toolkit (GWT) is a PLUS!
- Knowledge and use of Subversion source code management and Jira defect/feature tracking tools is a PLUS!
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL databases is a PLUS!
- Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, with 2+ years work experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering with 3-4 years of work experience, or
- High-school diploma with 6+ years experience in software development
Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and more. Once converted perm - enjoy great medical/dental/vision, normal work hours and 10% match on 401K!