Director, System Engineer (closed)
Calxeda is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Our company mission is to bring revolutionary computational efficiency to the data center built around the ultra-low-power ARM architecture. Furthermore, we are developing server platform technologies that scale efficiently to thousands of processor nodes with balanced, high-performance network and storage acceleration techniques, and advanced power management features.
If you like the idea of being a key contributor, and you like the idea of working for a company that wants to change the industry, then we’d like to hear from you!
- Lead the system engineering team to design and demonstrate world class server platforms enabled by Calxeda’s innovative and power optimized Sever SOC.
- Coach, mentor and develop systems engineering talent to build the systems engineering capability at Calxeda
- Architect, specify and design board and system level solutions with Calxeda customers
- Work with marketing on a platform design/architecture roadmap, quantify resources required and drive execution of the roadmap
- Communicate Calxeda internal standards across customers to maximize design leverage
- Drive fundamental know-how for engineering tasks including component selection, design reviews, schematic layout, DFM review and system assembly
- Represent Calxeda Systems Engineering in public technical forums and key industry events
- Define and own overall milestones and product priorities related to schedule, cost and quality
- Create subsystem specifications and design guidelines
- Own the creation of and execution to validation plans, test implementation and product support
- Maintain key supplier relationships for critical commodities
Education & Qualifications:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with substantial experience and 12+ years of server design experience
- Leadership and management skills to effectively collaborate with diverse hardware and software engineering teams
- Experience in managing a HW design team and delivering multiple HW products from concept to production through sustaining.
- Self-motivation to drive for results in this brand new field of ARM-based servers
- Detailed knowledge of hardware systems design, including schematic design, common signal integrity practices, PCB layout, testability, board bring up, and issue resolution
- Experience working with ODMs on server design highly desirable
- Knowledge of PCI Express, Ethernet interfaces at all speeds, SATA, and I2C are a plus
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills for customer-facing interactions
Apply for this position: http://tinyurl.com/849jsqw
Calxeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer