Operations Manager (closed)
A leading global specialty chemical company is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented Operations Manager for their Louisiana manufacturing facility.
- Full responsibility for leading and directing production area activities, utilities and wastewater treatment and to provide an environmentally sound, safe, healthy and profitable environment
- Oversee and troubleshoot the day to day activities of the production area
- Ensure on time delivery, that production schedules are met, and product quality meets specifications
- Lead, direct, train and mentor employees including operations specialists, team leaders and operators.
- Lead improvements in EHS, yields, energy reduction, capacity improvements, onstream, cycle times, new product introductions, fixed cost reductions, etc., to support business growth.
- Develop and implement improvements to ensure production capacity is available to achieve sales demand
- Be technical leader (process engineering lead) of various improvement projects
- Work with maintenance and engineering teams to execute production trails, schedule plant maintenance shutdowns and execute site capital plans
- Participate in budget setting, monthly cost tracking, manage spend to budget and forecast
- Establish and monitor performance metrics, and review and follow up on KPI and quality standards
- Serves as Operations representative during PHA management reviews
- Visible in plant daily and observe employee performance to ensure good work habits and good safety habits are followed
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years hands on experience in a chemical manufacturing facility with management experience
- Strong engineering and technical background with understanding or process and product costing
- Must have strong people leadership and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of batch and continuous chemical process operations
- Ability to interact with regulatory agencies, customers, and employees at all levels
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, and SAP
Keywords: chemical, chemical plant, manufacturing, chemistry, process, process engineer, technical, operations manager, plant manager, production manager, manager, wastewater, EHS, production, KPI, PHA, plant
Contact Jason Pitts with questions regarding this position or to directly submit your resume in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org – you may also visit our website to apply online and to view other opportunities, www.fpcconcord.com