Oracle DBA (closed)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com.
Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Oracle DBA (#51080-MH1588)
- Assist team in installation, configuration and use of monitoring tools and Oracle software
- Monitor databases and processes to ensure high level of availability
- Assist team in promotion of application code and requests into databases
- Assist team in Oracle account/role administration
- Recommend and assist users in proper practice of relational techniques and design
- Assist in query language construction, remediation and tuning
- Assist development of industry best practices
- 24x7 on-call duties
- Required skill and experience:
- 5 years experience administering Oracle 10g in a large, production, Unix environment.
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining Oracle database systems
- Experience with monitoring and administration tools such as Grid Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience using RMAN for backup/recovery operations
- Excellent command of PL/SQL and SQL*Plus scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experienced working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong understanding and application of SDLC
- Unix shell scripting
Additional desired skills and experience:
- Oracle ASM, ADDM, AWR
- Oracle Partitioning
- Oracle upgrades and patching
- Adept handling concurrent tasks dealing with a large number of databases
- Good understanding of OLTP and DW modeling
- Some exposure to SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Benchtime/NetEffects University
Do you know someone that is a good fit for this position? Call us today 636-237-1000 to learn more about our referral program. Just ask to speak with an available recruiter for more details.
Our clients select NetEffects as their IT staffing and solutions provider because of our experience, commitment to quality, and focus on the IT marketplace. Over the past 15 years, we have built trusted relationships with our clients by providing employees who are among the most talented and driven in the industry.
NetEffects was recently named one of INC Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies and we have earned primary vendor status with some of the top companies around the world. Our diverse customer base allows us to provide our candidates with not just one, but many opportunities that fit their individual skillset. Talk to one of our recruiters today and find out how you can join our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/32485/jobs for a complete listing of our open positions. Thank you once again for your time and consideration!