Business Systems Analyst-UNICA experience required (closed)
Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Marketing (Unica experience is REQUIRED)
Perm position/ Irving,TX
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will take the lead role in producing and managing client deliverables relative to our multi-channel marketing engagements, serving as the lead liaison between client staff and internal company technical delivery teams. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will work closely with account team leads to ensure accurate and timely delivery of account deliverables, with a focus on defining new and executing existing client campaigns and reports
1. Lead and coordinate marketing campaign and reporting processes and associated tasks such as requirements, functional specification and other client documentation.
2. Lead and coordinate System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to marketing campaigns and reporting.
3. Support production staff & client end users in the use of the overall client solution with a focus on marketing campaigns and reporting.
4. Act as primary BSA client contact.
5. Lead and coordinate Change Management initiatives.
6. Lead and coordinate Issue Management events from identification through resolution.
7. Help to develop and implement processes and methodologies.
8. Mentor, coach and lead Associate BSAs and BSAs.
1. Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems.
2. Proficient in SQL.
3. Proficient with campaign management/execution tools (e.g., Unica, Alterian).
4. Proficient with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy, Microsoft Reporting/Analysis Services), (Unica & Business Objects ).
5. Solid understanding of marketing concepts.
6. Understanding of Email tools and technologies is a plus.
7. Understanding of data warehouse and data mart concepts is a plus.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst should have experience in defining, testing and executing marketing campaigns and reports, preferably in a direct marketing environment. Special emphasis is on gathering requirements, analysis and ability to translate business requirements into functional/business specifications, creating test plans, and developing quality assurance methodologies.
Relevant experience may include some or all of the following:
1.Has performed basic and specialized BSA tasks with minimal direction or guidance (SDLC process)
2. Has supported Change Management and Issue Management
3. Has had experience consulting with external client contacts
4. Has experience working in a service organization
5. Has contributed to or authored client deliverables
6. Has managed and maintained project/account documentation
7. Has created operational, campaign or business reports
8. Has worked with technical staff to design and implement technical solutions
9. Has experience in systems development
10. Has coordinated integration of new development into an existing technical solution
11. Experience working within structured software life cycle and development methodologies (e.g., Agile, RUP, RM-ODP, RAD) as well as rapid prototyping a plus
Other Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
2. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
3. Excellent negotiation skills
4. Good leadership skills
5. Excellent time management skills
6. Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize
7. Excellent listening skills
8. Self-starter, ability to work independently and a strong initiative
This position requires an individual who can work well under pressure, multi-task, learn the business (marketing programs, tactics, and business rules) quickly, and be proactive with the client and agencies -- driving toward decision/resolution on open issues, always seeking the business context around an operational request. Attention to detail, strong listening skills, and good verbal and written communications are required.