Investment Accounting and Reporting Analyst (closed)
Guggenheim’s investment management business has experience tremendous growth internally and through acquisitions and is expecting continued growth. The Investment Accounting and Reporting Analyst is responsible for reporting GAAP, STAT, and management information for insurance client portfolios. The primary responsibility will focus on the production of standard and custom reports (daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual) sent to both internal and external customers and are used in client presentations, financial, regulatory, and ad-hoc requests.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring appropriate books and records are reported for client portfolios.
- Complete accurate and timely GAAP, STAT, management, client reporting, and insurance company specific requests.
- Review, analyze, and perform quality checks for investment activity within client portfolios.
- Maintain documentation for appropriate policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in performing an inventory analysis of existing client reports and metrics across multiple departments
- Assist in identifying and developing enhanced reporting capabilities and systems enhancements both within the reporting group and with business technology.
- Work closely with other groups including Data Integrity, Pricing, Reconciliation, Performance, and Client Services groups.
- Candidate must have a CPA and an undergraduate degree with at least 5 years experience in financial services and investment accounting.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of fixed income and equity securities and an understanding of derivative accounting including Interest Rate derivatives, Equity derivatives and Credit derivatives.
- Ideal candidate will have a background in insurance investment accounting and reporting and knowledge of specific statutory and internal reporting requirements.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrates the ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures with a mindset for continuous process improvement.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Located in Chicago office.
Compensation: Base salary plus discretionary bonus.
Guggenheim Partners Asset Management:
Guggenheim Partners Asset Management, LLC, (GPAM) is an affiliate of Guggenheim Partners®, a global diversified financial services firm. Guggenheim Partners, through its affiliates, including Guggenheim Partners Asset Management, manages more than $80 billion in fixed-income and equity strategies, including mezzanine debt and bank loans. GPAM’s team is based in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
Guggenheim Partners® is a diversified financial services firm with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals. We have proven success in providing capital markets services, portfolio and risk management expertise, wealth management, investment advisory, and family office services. Our clients -- an elite mix of individuals, family offices, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, pension plans, and other institutions -- have entrusted us with supervision of more than $160 billion of assets. We provide our clients with service from our global network of offices throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE: