Senior .NET Developer (closed)
For IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION Contact Mark Udoni (630) 493-7812
The Senior Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining applications using a variety of technologies that support multiple lines of Business and IT initiatives. This individual may work independently or collaborate with a smaller group of developers in similar efforts. This position is responsible for technical analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of IT solutions as needed by business or IT. The senior developer works closely with other subject matter experts to help design and build solutions for web and portal applications.
The role as Senior .Net Developer is a hybrid position as compared to larger shops in the industry. It combines the role of developer, consultant, troubleshooter and strong advocate of Agile SDLC. The position requires working effectively in an Agile team environment while building robust applications to support our business.
1. Develop internal and externally facing .Net applications to support the needs of the business.
2. Define, analyze, and review business and technical requirements.
3. Leverage industry standards and best practices for software development, including: automated integration, test driven development, reusable code, object-oriented design, software configuration management
4. Facilitate code reviews, unit testing, peer reviews and partner with QA to document test criteria.
Involved in data analysis and contribute to data design.
5. Develop applications in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Major: BS in Computer Science or related field a plus
Years of experience required: 8 years minimum experience in software development with a majority of this experience building applications on extranets for enterprise portals with dynamic content on the .Net platform
Experience in .Net technology: asp.net and C#. 7+ years preferred.
Experience with Agile and Scrum SDLC.
Proficiency in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL is preferred.
Proficient with writing Web Services.
Familiar with Test Driven Development, and continuous integration.
Strong Web Design skills a plus.
Proficient with Software Configuration Management: versioning, tagging, and branching.
Experience in healthcare environment 2-5 years preferred.