Customer Care Specialist (closed)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position provides exceptional customer service utilizing the telephone; responding to the questions and concerns of our customers, primarily agents and mortgage company representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Effectively responds via the telephone to concerns of both internal and external customers.
- Utilizes multiple processing systems and maintains a working knowledge of the Manual of Rates, Rules and Procedures. This may include but is not necessarily limited to questions concerning risk eligibility, submission status, rating, premiums, cancellations and/or reinstatements.
- Gathers, organizes and forwards information to other areas for handling or consideration.
- Assists in other areas of the production unit as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent telephone and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Property/Casualty Insurance operations and policy elements.
- Ability to obtain, organize and present information and ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Ability to use a telephone, P.C., facsimile machine, calculator, and copier.
- Understanding of production systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of education at an accredited college or university OR two years customer service related experience OR a combination of college education and customer service related experience equivalent to two years of college.
- Six months of customer service experience.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 220, 440, 520/620 License
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English – required for six of the twelve temps
- Knowledge of Citizens Property/ Casualty Insurance operations and common policy elements.
- Call center experience.
- Knowledge of ePAS or other systems used at Citizens.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).