Learning Designer - 596 (closed)
TRAININGFOLKS IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A LEARNING DESIGNER.
THIS IS AN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL ROLE THAT REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF HTML.
TrainingFolks is a global provider of custom learning solutions, consulting and contingent workforce services. Combining award winning adult learning experience, with a proven engagement methodology that includes a talented network of learning professionals, TrainingFolks collaborates with our clients to implement change. Founded in 1997, TrainingFolks’ mission is to build a higher performing workforce. We address our clients’ issues of urgency, capacity and capability.
The Learning Designer role works as part of a collaborative and experienced team of workplace learning professionals who partner with business representatives and learning colleagues to determine the most efficient and effective learning solution primarily in support of new product and process initiatives with a focus on sales, technical and operational skills training.
As required, also provides support for curriculum updates for new to role training programs and for design of elements of larger multi-faceted learning initiatives.
The Learning Designer:
- Partners with key business contacts and colleagues to keep informed of product, process and system initiatives with a specific focus on role specific employee learning needs and impact to new-to-role programs.
- Conducts needs assessments for assigned projects to understand business initiatives and strategies, confirms performance outcomes required of training initiative and establishes learning objectives.
- Conducts assessments to determine learning implications and validates the impact of new product, process and system initiatives to existing learning programs.
- Researches potential solutions and recommends approaches to business, ensuring design solutions fully leverage existing internal and external resources.
- Updates existing training materials including facilitator guides, learner guides, activities and test questions.
- Leverages existing design templates and adheres to instructional design standards.
- Supports and executes learner evaluation appropriate for the learning channel and format.
- Supports research into emerging learning design and development trends to ensure the client optimizes a full range of learning channels to enhance employee capability in an effective and cost efficient manner.
- Adheres to project governance model and maintenance schedule.
- Forecast and track resourcing time on each project leveraging in-house tools and processes and submit weekly.
- Support other large scale product and process initiatives as required under the guidance of the team lead in the area of specialty
The ideal Learning Designer will possess:
- University degree and/or expertise in adult education and learning principles and workplace learning experience.
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Banking industry experience is a requirement
- Highly skilled in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and HTML coding in order to properly manage documentation creation and editing required from the Desktop Publishing team.
- Specialist in learning design and development and maintenance of existing programs. Able to create small to mid-size learning projects and execute hands on development of learning materials.
- Uses sound adult learning principles and proven learning methodology to build focused learning solutions.
- Proven subject matter knowledge in area of business specialty.
- Strong written communication skills, with attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong verbal communication and influence skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate project requirements and work effectively with project teams to expedite action required for project deliverables,
- and to develop ongoing team and partner relationships.
- Proficient project management skills and organizational abilities. Able to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Self-starter with proven initiative and ability to work with little supervision
- Able to prioritize and work within deadlines
- Embraces change and enjoys the challenge of creating innovative learning design
- Put clients first through decisions, behaviors and choices made in the clients best interests
- Collaborate as partners; debate issues with passion & support decisions taken
- Act on our accountabilities and trust colleagues to do their part
- Make decisions faster and focus on execution
- Prioritize for greatest impact and minimize the rest
- Downtown Toronto, Ontario
- 3 month contract
- Start Date: June 2012
- Full Time / On-Site Required
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills. If you are interested in this role please send a Cover Letter detailing your experience, resume (WORD format), 3 references, certifications and rate/salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of your submission please mention – “#596: Learning Designer - Toronto"
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with TrainingFolks, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.