Systems Administrator (Linux/Unix) (closed)
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
Are you looking for a cool technology focused company? Do you like smaller companies with flexibility? This could be a good opportunity for you.
Please contact me if you are a self-starter, able to learn quickly, work with limited direction, wear multiple hats, juggle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines. You will be working in a team environment, but generally tasked independently on your own slice of the project.
Essential Required Skills
- Experience working in a 24x7 web-based production environment
- LINUX and/or UNIX fluency
- Basic LINUX- or UNIX-based shell scripting
- Internet and physical security expertise
- Competence in PC desktop support including ordering and configuring new equipment
- Ability to lift/rack servers heavier than 70 pounds
- Excellent English fluency, both spoken and written. Ability to discuss complex technical subjects with clarity and precision.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to customer sites, as needed
Strongly Preferred Skills
- Database familiarity: including mySQL, Oracle, Postgres
- VMware system-level expertise
- Tomcat, Apache
- pfSense and/or firewall configuration
- Disaster Recovery best practices
- Familiarity with Windows automation (scheduled tasks, batch files, VBS, etc.)
- Technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Degree in quantitative/analytical field or computer science
Additional Nice-to-Have Skills
- DNS and Bind; LDAP
- Nagios, or similar monitoring standard
- Perl, Ruby, and/or Python
- SAS (programming language)
- jforum or similar user forum software
- Mac and Sun Microsystems hardware
- Lights-out management
- PCI , SAS70, and/or SSAE16 standards
- Background in airline industry, consulting, other transportation or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of passenger aviation data (ticketing, booking, itinerary data, schedules) and airline data metrics and terminology
- In-office, Reston VA, near future Wiehle Metro, with flexible start and finish times. Typically a 40-hour week with the majority of time in the office plus some evening and weekend hours at home.
- Frequent trips to the local data center will be needed
- Some work from home particularly on nights and weekends
- Some domestic and international travel required to assist in customer system installs. Travel unlikely to exceed 20% of work hours
- Front-line support requires pager duty and the ability to quickly respond to pages and system downtimes
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Semiannual bonuses based on individual and company performance
- 401k with 50% company match
- Company Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance with all premiums paid by Company
- 3 weeks paid vacation, and 10 annual holidays
No relocation is available. No sponsorship or 3rd party inquiries.
Contact me for more details JMcCormick@JSync.com