Real Estate Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Affordable Housing) (closed)
Boutique law firm with multiple east coast offices is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal/Real Estate Legal Assistant to join its WashingtonD.C. office. The Real Estate Paralegal/Real Estate Legal Assistant will assist attorneys in all aspects of Affordable Housing transactions, including:
- drafting real estate documents,
- reviewing and summarizing title and survey documents,
- drafting transaction and closing documents,
- reviewing due diligence documents,
- coordinating with title companies, surveyors and zoning consultants,
- ordering and reviewing lien and judgment searches, and
- preparing and managing real estate documents from beginning through closing and post-closing.
- 5+ years experience as a Real Estate Paralegal/Real Estate Legal Assistant with an emphasis on affordable housing in a law firm setting.
- BS/BA degree and/or a Paralegal Certificate are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of real estate documents (i.e. title policies, surveys, and closing documents), government agency real estate recording processes/procedures and corporate formation documentation.
- High computer proficiency (i.e. MS Word, Excel and/or other related software programs).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), due to heavy interaction with attorneys and high level executives.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in MS Word format.