Director Global Supply Chain Strategy-Industrial (closed)
Director of Global Supply Chain Strategy is responsible for developing, implementing, and leading the “future state” supply chain strategy. The Director will be responsible for the supply chain operations including sourcing and procurement, logistics and fulfillment, inventory deployment, and demand/supply planning.
The objective is to develop best-in-class supply chain strategies and practices to effectively reap maximum value with accountability for safety, quality, delivery and financial metrics in the supply chain. As a key member of the division’s leadership team, the goal of the Director will be to lower and optimize cost structures while increasing service levels to enhance operating income margins, enable top and bottom line growth, and to build EVA increasing shareholder value.
- Establish the strategy, develop the roadmap, and lead the implementation to realize a globally integrated and optimized supply chain.
- Establish appropriate center-led processes for supply chain management including:
Sourcing and Procurement-Strategy
Average spend $ 300+MM
Supplier relationship management-Strategy
Forge global strategic alliances for supply chain integration; develop and tailor profitable partnerships to meet business requirements
Transportation management to reduce costs through fleet optimization, carrier selection, and rate management
Supply Chain Strategy Development and Implementation
- Demonstrated ability for developing and executing a supply chain strategy across a variety of manufacturing businesses with an extensive global footprint.
- Experienced knowledge in implementing and running key supply chain processes including: sourcing and procurement, logistics and fulfillment, inventory deployment, and demand/supply planning.
- Experience in leading the transition from a decentralized organization to one that is center-led.
- Understanding and experience in all facets of international trade across a global supply chain including tariffs, duty (drawback), foreign trade zone, regulations, bonded warehousing, etc.
Leadership & Communications:
- Gifted leader and change agent – able to drive strategy formulation, cross-functional integration and organization development in a positive manner.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Dynamic people manager with the ability of persuasion
- Ability to balance disciplined standardized processes with creative problem solving skills.
- Passion and drive for Continuous Improvement of supply chain processes.
- Education – MBA or advanced degree in supply chain operations.
- International work experience and foreign language skills.
- Professional qualifications such as APICS, ISM, CSCMP.
Call: Carmen Calabro at 412-995-1923 USA EST or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org